Machining and Assembly:
Specialized F.G.S. departments
equipped with numerically controlled machines, perform the
following precisions operations:
Complete and modern welding facilities and experienced
operators enable F.G.S. to assemble castings and wrought
parts together to produce fully fabricated furnace components.
The laboratory facilities
are among the most modern and complete for an high-alloy
foundry and include:
- two 24-channels automatic vacuum spectrographs
- one 18-channels spectrograph
- one sequential research spectrograph
- nitrogen and carbon automatic analyzers
- 3 metallographic microscopes
- complete mechanical testing machines for use up 2100°F (1150°C)
- controlled atmosphere furnace for experimental heat treatments
- 25 lbs (ca. 12 kg) laboratory melting furnace
- complete sand control equipment
- portable X-rays fluorescence analyzer
- various hardness testing machines
The F.G.S. laboratories
are at customers' disposal for research examination on corrosion
and failure cases, in order to study possible improvements
of heat-resisting cast parts.
Non-destructive testing and inspections are normal
practice at F.G.S. They are performed by skilled
and qualified operators to assure the
best compliance with specifications.
The equipment at F.G.S.'s disposal is available for the
following final controls, beside the systematic chemical
analysis made on all melts:
- dimensional controls
- surface finish
- radiography and gammagraphy
- ultrasonic testing
- liquid penetrants
- metallographic controls
- pressure testing
The Quality Control System applied at F.G.S.
complies with the International Norm DIN EN ISO 9001:2000.